Re: Polystrate trees

Randy Landrum (randyl@efn.org)
Wed, 29 Jan 1997 15:34:01 -0800 (PST)

On Sat, 25 Jan 1997, Glenn Morton wrote:

> Randy Landrum wrote:
>
> > Some polystrate
> >trees even intersect more than one coal layer!
>
> Can you cite a reference which tells the reader where this polystrate tree
> intersecting more than one layer is? I have looked at lots of creationist
> references and so far have found two claims that polystrate trees intersect
> more than one coal seam, but they never tell where it is. I don't think it
> exists. Can you prove to me that it does exist?
>
> You cite:
> >"The Young Earth" John D. Morris Ph.D. (Polystrate Fossils page 100)
>
> But Morris does not say where it is. I don't think it exists. If it did, why
> wouldn't he tell us where it is. This is something that would make me have to
> do some thinking about the way coal was formed.

As I stated earlier this is not at all an unusual phemomenon, but is quite
common. N.A. Rupke, of Princeton, has given numerous examples.

N.A. Rupke, "Prolegomena to a Study of Cataclysmal Sedimentation,"
Quarterly of the Creation REsearch Society, Vol. 3. (May 1966), pp. 16-37

Also try F.M. Broadhurst, "Some Aspects of the Paleoecology of Non-Marine
Faunas and Rates of Sedimentation in the Lancashire Coal Measures,"
American Journal of Science, Vol 262 p.865

-Randy