Re: Shaman art

Glenn Morton (grmorton@psyberlink.net)
Mon, 27 Jan 1997 20:44:16 -0600

Jim Bell wrote:

> What are we to make of all this explosive, recent and utterly
>different kind of art? Where you have shaman art, you have fully modern homo
>divinus, the spiritual man. But there is NO evidence, anywhere, before modern
>man, of what is called the "shamanistic complex":
>
>"Shamanism is as old as fully modern man himself; almost everywhere evidence
>of one is found there is evidence for the other. all the elements of the
>shamanic complex are present in Cro-Magnon man's legacy of art and
>artifcacts." [Goodman, 234]

According you you shaman art appears at 33,000 years but modern man appears
at 120,000 years ago. Maybe shaman art isn't as old as modern man.

and

> How to explain this explosion? Special creation. Any other view either
>skews the physical evidence, or skews the Bible, or both. I'm not willing to
>do either.

So Jim,

You haven't answered my question about whether the homo sapiens on earth
120,000 years ago were human or not; were spiritual or not. This is a
simple question. Is it that difficult to give a straight out yes or no?

glenn

Foundation, Fall and Flood