Re: They wish!

Steve Clark (ssclark@facstaff.wisc.edu)
Thu, 23 Jan 1997 18:28:39 -0600

At 04:11 PM 1/23/97 -0800, Dario wrote:
>On Thu, 23 Jan 1997, Brian D. Harper wrote:

>> and Theistic Realists wish THEY had a THEORY!
>
>Who needs theory when one has facts ? Besides a bad theory is worst than
>no theory.

I wonder what facts you refer to?

Why is a bad theory worse than no theory? There have been plenty of wrong
theories in the history of science, that is to be expected in any sort of
exploration of our universe. Having a wrong theory means that you are
thinking about your world and willing to explore it. Having no theory means
that you are either brain dead, or believe that you have all necessary answers.
Steven S. Clark, Ph.D . Phone: 608/263-9137
Associate Professor FAX: 608/263-4226
Dept. of Human Oncology and Email: ssclark@facstaff.wisc.edu
UW Comprehensive Cancer Center
CSC K4-432