Re: Reply to James

Randy Landrum (randyl@efn.org)
Fri, 17 Jan 1997 21:43:25 -0800 (PST)

On Thu, 16 Jan 1997, John W. Burgeson wrote:

> who wrote that YECer's did not / do not think all the earth's coal came
> about from 6000 years of sedimentation plus one humungous global flood.
>
> I am unaware of any YECers who do NOT think this. I've posed the question
> to the Bible-Science people and also to Duane Gish (who, BTW is a friend of
> mine) -- I've never received any other answer but that one. Except for
> instantaneous creation of coal beds with embedded fossils -- what other
> explanation can be posed?
>
> Burgy

How about coal formed from tree bark? Ever look at coal? To me it looks
just like tree bark. What if there really was a flood and all the trees of
the entire earth at that time floated bumped together removing all the
bark which sank and formed coal? I know it sounds farfetched but would it
be possible?

-Randy