Re: Algorithmic nature

rick (rbecker@refractal.com)
Fri, 17 Jan 1997 23:03:00 -0500

>On Jan. 13 you suggested that I try the evolution@calvin.edu list. That's
where I posted the note. I'm approaching the issue as a designer at this
point. Do you know if anyone has ever attempted a hereditary tree based on
algorithmic progression of design?

Rick Becker

If you can't provoke a discussion on the ASA list, I suggest you
try the evolution@calvin.edu list. We have discussed those
topics there in the past, and are likely to do so again.
If you go to the ASA web page, you
should be able to find links to tell you how to subscribe
to the evolution@calvin discussion group.

Loren Haarsma

>On Sat, 11 Jan 1997, rick wrote:
>
>> Is this discussion limited to those who those who know the finest nuances of
>> microbiology and information theory academia, or can an 'outsider' be
>> recognized and participate? I tried before to provoke some generic
>> discussion on the theological implications of the fact that algorithmically
>> based design is one of the fundamental 'design elements' throughout all of
>> God's beautiful creation. It is such an exquisite balance between the
>> extremes of crystal and gas. The consistency of it's use in so many wildly
>> divergent applications strikes me as worthy of a constructive discussion
>> represented by a number of different disciplines. I would like to approach
>> this as an exploration, not a podium-thumping, sharpshooting contest. My
>> interests are as a layman in physics, Calvinist theology, art, economics,
>> history (natural and human), and just about everything else in between. I am
>> committed to my exploration of this issue, and ask that if my search is
>> fruitless here, could anyone steer me on another path?
>
>If you can't provoke a discussion on the ASA list, I suggest you
>try the evolution@calvin.edu list. We have discussed those
>topics there in the past, and are likely to do so again.
>If you go to the ASA web page, you
>should be able to find links to tell you how to subscribe
>to the evolution@calvin discussion group.
>
>Loren Haarsma

Refractal Design, Inc. | voice: 508-777-5500 / fax: 508-777-6575
57 North Putnam St. | Internet: rbecker@refractal.com
Danvers, MA 01923 | Home page: http://www.refractal.com/
USA | Compuserve: 71664,600