Re: Glenn's faith in catfish

Randy Landrum (randyl@efn.org)
Sun, 12 Jan 1997 20:29:08 -0800 (PST)

On Sat, 11 Jan 1997, Glenn Morton wrote:

> Randy Landrum wrote:
>
> >So were we all amphibians?
> >

> Let me cite the Scripture:
>
> Romans 9:20 (NIV) But who are you, O man, to talk back to God?
> "Shall what is formed say to him who formed it, 'Why did you make me like
> this?'"
>
> That is what antievolutionists may very well be doing to God.

Is that a yes or a no? I believe that the scriptures are very clear that
Adam was formed from the dust of the earth. It is the evolutionists who
are not only talking back to God but rather ignoring Him.

> >I do appreciate all your hard work in looking up all this information but
> >do you really believe that our legs evolved from fins? I can't buy that
> >but at any rate as stated earlier I do not contest eye witness accounts of
> >fish walking out of water.
> >
> Yes. Look, You are not hearing the details that I am presenting to you from
> the Christian apologists. Why? they say things that are contradicted by the
> data. Acanthostega had a half evolved leg. Panderichthyids had lost fins and
> only had fins where the tetrapods have legs now. No other group of fish lost
> those fins.

Name one mutation which resulted in something improved, perfected or
better than what it was mutated from. And where are all the transitions
from fin to feet. You name Acanthostega and Panderichthyids but what names
do you assign all the other mutations which must have occured for these
drastic changes from fin to foot to occur?

> In answer to your question, YES. Whether you can buy it or not is not my
> problem. The observational data is consistent with the evolutionary position
> and not with the ICR position.

Yes what? We all came from amphibians?

=====m-_
`,_` ./.~`-,. "Throughout the hundreds of millions
=,` / 'i '~+=,_ of years the coelacanths have kept
v. . !-. = __. ~\=. the same form and structure. Here is
` ,_. , i`,_'\.- ~e_ one of the great mysteries of evolution"
' -.-,s @@Wi[ ,z,c \\.
.Y/ ,_-8!s/*fi! '',_\,!@m[ Jacques Millot, "The Coelacanth"
_si /i@Wzzz`--,dPV\gW@f
-=`-(- ',,`! Wf+i dMTf~~Y**f[ ~ Randy Landrum
!-! ! ,./,@b- -WW/b@mW~msm! ~ B.A. Brooks Institute
P-' , ' ~_dA~~M@WD*fV\]bA@@f ~ randyl@efn.org
@XW`. A~ 2+e2@@@@@A~ ~