Re: The Mere Creation Discussion

Brian D. Harper (harper.10@osu.edu)
Fri, 10 Jan 1997 15:18:47 -0500

At 07:57 PM 1/7/97 +0800, Steve Jones wrote:
>Group
>
>On Mon, 2 Dec 1996 22:49:43 -0600, Russell Maatman wrote:
>
>[...]
>
>RM>1. God does indeed control everything. In my mind, there is no
>>doubt that God "designs" everything. For me, that is not what we
>>should be discussing in when we talk about Behe's examples,
>>intelligent design, and evolution. Paul Arveson, Keith Miller, Jan
>>de Koning, Bill Hamilton, Pattle Pun, Terry Gray, and Glenn Morton
>>have all expressed--albeit in different ways--that God is in
>>control. One could take the various expressions they use and
>>conclude they all accept that at bottom God does indeed design the
>>world.

SJ:===
>Russ' assurance that TEs do believe in fact that "at bottom God does
>indeed design the world", should be unnecessary ...

Its never bad to re-state something like this, but, if one were
to say its not necessary the reason would be that TE's are
continually pointing this out over and over and over and over.
Yet you continue to mis-represent what TE's say. Why?

>... but the fact that
>Russ has to say it shows it isn't.

This statement is completely irrational.

>If TEs do indeed "all accept that
>at bottom God does indeed design the world" (and I believe they must
>to remain theists), then why is it so muted in their posts ...

Wait, don't tell me, let me guess...........

I've got it, you have beans in your ears, right?

>and why do
>they attack what Terry has called "the intelligent design crowd"?

Funny to hear this complaint following an attack against TE's

[rest of 4,000 pages deleted]

Brian Harper
Associate Professor
Applied Mechanics