Re: How long must we wait?

Oliver Beck (Oliver.Beck@studbox.uni-stuttgart.de)
Mon, 16 Dec 1996 10:37:30 +0100 (MEZ)

On Fri, 13 Dec 1996, Steve Clark wrote:

[deleted]

> With this Baconian definition of science, creationists can point to the
> fact that evolution is not a fact, but a theory, and since theories have
> no place in this inductivist view of science, creationists argue that
> evolution is not science. But they use an archaic Baconian version of
> science that, as I explained above, is really unworkable.
>
> [clip]

If you define science this way or that way is totally irrelevant, when
you use the word fact. Evolution may be scientific , but the be regarded
as a fact it must fulfill more requirements , especially those which you
called baconian. Otherwise science is only the religion with the
scientists speaking as priests in an authoritative manner.

Oliver
student of physics