Re: Hugh Ross and Neanderthal contradictions

Glenn Morton (grmorton@gnn.com)
Thu, 12 Dec 1996 12:42:46

>Glenn takes off on Hugh Ross again. No surprise there. But I keep wondering
>about this "flute." I know it has been brought up by others before, but the
>more you look at it the more you doubt it could make noise. We had one
> musical
>expert give his opinion on this. I keep asking this question, but get no
>answer: WHY HASN'T A MODEL BEEN CONSTRUCTED TO TEST THE THEORY?

For other flutes made of bone, models have been made and tested. or actually
played. There are bird bone flutes.

"Worked or decorated bird
bones are not uncommon in the Upper Paleolithic. Some have blow holes cut
into them, indicating their use as whistles or flutes, and they can be blown
to give a high, piping, flute sound."~Alexander Marshack, The Roots of
Civilization, (New York: McGraw-Hill, 1972), p. 147