Re: Fw: The Mere Creation Discussion

Denis Lamoureux (dlamoure@gpu.srv.ualberta.ca)
Wed, 4 Dec 1996 19:45:41 -0700 (MST)

On Wed, 4 Dec 1996, Terry M. Gray wrote:

> BUT as I read Mike Behe and now several of his supporters
> who have posted to this thread, much more is being said. The claim is that
> the black box has been opened and we now KNOW that an evolutionary
> explanation is NOT POSSIBLE. Please correct me if I am mis-reading Mike.

Hi Terry,
This is the way I read Michael as well. Those systems and structures
which are deemed "irreducibly complex" seem to suggest a non-evolutionary
mechanism for their origin. And this of course is Progressive Creationism
which is also the God-of-the-Gaps position.

In Him,
Denis

Denis O. Lamoureux DDS PhD PhD (cand)
Department of Oral Biology Residence:
Faculty of Dentistry # 1908
University of Alberta 8515-112 Street
Edmonton, Alberta Edmonton, Alberta
T6G 2N8 T6G 1K7
CANADA CANADA

Lab: (403) 492-1354
Residence: (403) 439-2648
Dental Office: (403) 425-4000

E-mail: dlamoure@gpu.srv.ualberta.ca

"In all debates, let truth be thy aim, and endeavor to gain
rather than expose thy opponent."