Re: The Mere Creation Discussion

Steve Clark (ssclark@facstaff.wisc.edu)
Tue, 03 Dec 1996 13:54:21 -0600

At 10:49 PM 12/2/96 -0600, R. Maatman wrote:
>To the Groups:
All I am
>saying is that as soon as there is a reasonably high probability that one
>biological system did not evolve from simpler systems, then our attention
>is called to the fact that it may well be true that at least one system did
>not evolve.

How was it decided that there is "reasonably high probability that one
biological system did not evolve from simpler systems?"

Steven S. Clark, Ph.D . Phone: 608/263-9137
Associate Professor FAX: 608/263-4226
Dept. of Human Oncology and Email: ssclark@facstaff.wisc.edu
UW Comprehensive Cancer Center
CSC K4-432
600 Highland Ave.
Madison, WI 53792

"Now how does one alter the charge on the niobium ball? 'Well at that
stage', said my friend, 'we spray it with positrons to increase the charge
or with electrons to decrease the charge.' From that day forth I've been a
scientific realist. So far as I'm concerned, if you can spray them then
they are real. Ian Hacking, Representing and Intervening, 1983