Re: economic irreducible complexity

Glenn Morton (grmorton@gnn.com)
Thu, 28 Nov 1996 00:01:29

Chuck Warman wrote:

>A related question is, why do so many who define themselves as *theistic*
>evolutionists feel compelled to find ways in which evolution could have
>proceeded with no divine intervention or oversight?

I can't speak for anyone but myself, but I believe that God is a good enough
designer to design a system that required little tinkering with after wards.
This view makes God at least as good as a GM engineer. Would you be pleased
with the design of your car if a GM engineer had to live under your hood
constantly tinkering as you drove?

In another post Chuck asked:

>Are you referring to Gibbon, or *a* gibbon?

Edward Gibbon, who wrote an incredible history of the Roman Empire. I would
strongly recommend it. Then read Machiavelli, The Prince.

glenn

Foundation,Fall and Flood
http://members.gnn.com/GRMorton/dmd.htm