Re: Proving Hitler wrong

Randy Landrum (randyl@efn.org)
Thu, 21 Nov 1996 13:37:27 -0800 (PST)

On Wed, 20 Nov 1996, NIIIIIIICHOLAS MATZKE wrote:

> Randy (sigh) said, quoting Morris:
>
> Since you and Morris seem to know so much about the foundations of
> racism, maybe you wouldn't mind explaining to the rest of us where
> racism, slavery, and other generally mean things came

I believe racism is prejudice against a person or a viewpoint which you
disagree with to the degree that you feel necessary to publicly
humiliate. I would hope that Christians could discuss their differences
without this type of persecution. After all hasn't the Church had enough
of that? I believe that racism is not as much about the color of one's
skin as it is the the effects of an evolutionary philosophy. The idea
that one person is somehow better than another because he is more
educated or holds a more accepted view, however incorrectly perceived.

> I ask you: what was their intellectual framework? Be careful what you
> say; I think most people on the list have stopped listening to you, because
> your posts generally don't make much sense.

> On a more general note, I suggest you think hard about what you are
> trying to acheive in your posts. Since you apparently haven't noticed, almost
> everyone here is Christian and committed to reconciling science and
> Christianity.

Depends on what you consider being a Christian anyone can say they are a
Christian but you judge a tree by it's fruit. I have a real problem with
believing those who profess to being Christians yet disguard huge books of
the bible such as Genesis as mythology. If I worked at General Motors and
never followed the manual on how to build cars I don't think I would be
working there very long.

> Your vague diatribes against "evolution", "evolutionism", etc, are
> thoroughly unhelpful, since you never define what you mean by these terms (if
> you paid attention to others' posts,

> 1) What do you have against the scientific theory of evolution, factually?
> What facts disprove it?
>
> 2) What do you believe about the origin of the universe/earth/life/humanity?
>
> Thanks for listening (I hope you were listening).
>
> Nick

It does not take much effort to demonstrate that evolution is not science
but religion. Science, of course, involves observation, using one or more
of our five senses (taste, sight, smell, hearting, touch) to gain knowledge
about the world and to be able to repeat the observations. Naturally, one
can only observe what exists in the present. It is an easy task to
understand that no scientist was present over the suggested millions of
years to witness the supposed evolutionary progression of life from the
simple to the complex. No living scientist was there to observe the first
life forming in some primeval sea. No living scientist was there to observe
the Big Bang that is supposed to have occurred 10 to 20 billion years ago,
nor the supposed formation of the earth 4.5 billion years ago (or even
10,000 years ago?). No scientist was there -no human witness was there eto
see these events occurring. They certainly cannot be repeated today.

It's disappointing Nick that you must result to insults to make your
point. If I have offended you or anyone else in anyway I am truly sorry.

Several things not the least of which is I am sorry you have not
understood my posts. I would be happy to re-write anything so that you
could better understand my points. About the scientific theory of
evolution I don't have a problem at all. I do however reject the opinion
that evolution is scientific fact. If you wish for me to rephrase that I
can as well. If you need proof I would submit as evidence the human eye,
the birth of a child not to mention the questions that evolution cannot
answer such as: Where did the original energy and matter come from? What
caused the explosion? How could impersonal forces acting randomly
construct a universe whose planets rotate with such precision that we set
our clocks by them? It is preposterous to believe that "nothing times
nobody equals everything!"

It's a lot easier and less time consuming to ask questions than to answer
them. Maybe you would like to help me understand by explaining the above?

=====m-_
`,_` ./.~`-,. "Throughout the hundreds of millions
=,` / 'i '~+=,_ of years the coelacanths have kept
v. . !-. = __. ~\=. the same form and structure. Here is
` ,_. , i`,_'\.- ~e_ one of the great mysteries of evolution"
' -.-,s @@Wi[ ,z,c \\.
.Y/ ,_-8!s/*fi! '',_\,!@m[ Jacques Millot, "The Coelacanth"
_si /i@Wzzz`--,dPV\gW@f
-=`-(- ',,`! Wf+i dMTf~~Y**f[ ~ Randy Landrum
!-! ! ,./,@b- -WW/b@mW~msm! ~ B.A. Brooks Institute
P-' , ' ~_dA~~M@WD*fV\]bA@@f ~ US Coordinator FaithNet 700:1000/0.0
e..! ,,!A`im/ - .*NW@@@Wf ~ randyl@efn.org
@XW`. A~ 2+e2@@@@@A~ ~