Re: End of world is nigh impossible to predict

Stephen Jones (sejones@ibm.net)
Tue, 12 Nov 96 05:50:36 +0800

Bill

On Wed, 23 Oct 1996 13:15:04 -0400, Bill Hamilton wrote:

[...]

BH>Richard Dawkins, Professor of the Public Understanding of Science
>at Oxford University, said: "What staggers me about Archbishop
>Ussher's statement is not that he was wrong - so was everybody else
>in his time - but that he was wrong with such confident and
>ludicrous precision."

One can imagine someone in the 24th century writing:

"What staggers me about Professor Dawkins' statements is not that he
was wrong - so was everybody else in his time - but that he was wrong
with such confident and ludicrous precision." :-)

God bless.

| Warwick 6024 ->*_,--\_/ Phone +61 9 448 7439 (These are |