Re: Anybody Reading These Books?

Stephen Jones (sejones@ibm.net)
Tue, 12 Nov 96 05:46:34 +0800

Steve

On Mon, 14 Oct 1996 11:23:41 -0700, Steve Clark wrote:

SC>(I have been amused that some creationists like to point out that
>at one time, Popper held that evolution was not falsifiable, but was
>a 'metaphysical research program,' but they fail to also note that
>Popper also believed the same thing about religious convictions such
>as the design theory).

Firstly, Popper actually said that *Darwinism* (not "evolution") was
"not a testable scientific theory, but a metaphysical research
programme".

Secondly, "design theory" is not necessarily "religious", but
may be philosophical. For example, I personally had no religious
background and was an atheist, but I became a philosophical
theist by looking up at the Milky Way, two years before I became a
Christian.

Thirdly, if Darwinists would concede that their theory (which is
compulsory taught in schools and universities), is the same status
as "creationists...religious convictions", I am sure few "creationists"
would object!

God bless.

| Warwick 6024 ->*_,--\_/ Phone +61 9 448 7439 (These are |