Re: More on yesterday - the end of the World

Brian D. Harper (harper.10@osu.edu)
Thu, 24 Oct 1996 09:54:24 -0400

At 04:49 PM 10/23/96 -0400, Gordon Simons wrote:
>Bill:
>
>Concerning the end of the World, which was scheduled to occur yesterday
>(Tuesday), according to Archbishop James Ussher, the Electronic Telegraph
>reports the following joke (evidently composed prior to Tuesday):

Thanks for the joke, it was great!

This reminded me that one of my theologian type buddies told
me some time ago that Ussher had given his chronologies
somewhat tongue in cheek, not expecting them to be taken
seriously. Would anyone know if there is any truth to this?

Brian Harper | "If you don't understand
Associate Professor | something and want to
Applied Mechanics | sound profound, use the
The Ohio State University | word 'entropy'"
| -- Morrowitz
Bastion for the naturalistic |
rulers of science |