Re: supernatural observation and faith def.

Glenn Morton (GRMorton@gnn.com)
Tue, 01 Oct 1996 16:44:18

>Glenn wrote:
>
><<The reason for this question is that it
>seems to me that we christians too often look to the future to get us out of
>our difficulties today. This, IMO, is a form of procrastination because if I
>take this position, I no longer have to be bothered with the facts as they
>are
>today because the future will prove me right. I also no longer have to
> really
>defend my position, because no one can prove me wrong or present evidence
>which will disprove me. The future will bear me out.>>
>
>But isn't this a classic evolutionist argument as well? "We don't know the
>way
>evolution works...yet. But it has to be a naturalistic mechanism, and by
>golly, we'll find it...someday..."
>
>Both neo-Dars and punk eekers make this argument. How is it any different?
>
>Jim

But Jim when I point out that only 8 mutations are required to change from one
species to another (monkeyflowers) from a bumblebee to a hummingbird type
flower, you are the one who then says it doesn't count. That IS a mechanism
of evolution, like it or not.

glenn
Foundation,Fall and Flood
http://members.gnn.com/GRMorton/dmd.htm