Re: Age of sun and moon

Glenn Morton (GRMorton@gnn.com)
Mon, 30 Sep 1996 22:38:52

Glenn Dixon wrote:

>Under the following scenarios, what do Whitcomb and DeYoung calculate
>the height of the tides to be at the moon's minimal orbit? (If you would
>be so kind as to post the book's title/year etc. I would look it up
>myself)

I doubt they calculated this, but if you want to get into the literature,
Gerstenkorn {sic?} calculated that the tides at the 2.89 earth radii minimal
orbit would be 8000 times higher than at present. see Walter Olsen, "The
origin of the Cambrian-Precambrian Unconformity" American Scientist, 54:4,
1966, circa pp 461-462

glenn
Foundation,Fall and Flood
http://members.gnn.com/GRMorton/dmd.htm