Re: 2-`Adam' model 1/2 (was MHC question)

Bill Hamilton (whamilto@mich.com)
Sun, 15 Sep 1996 07:30:02 -0400

Glenn Morton wrote:

>Genesis 1 in my view is the proclamations of what the universe would be like,
>made by God prior to the existence of the universe. There was no Adam prior
>to the creation of the universe. The Genesis 1 Adam refers to the Genesis 2
>Adam in the same sense as a prophecy refers to the future. One Adam. That is
>all there was.

I heard this view a number of years ago from a man who taught a seminar in
our church. The seminar had nothing to do with origins, (it was on
Scriptural guidance for family living or the like) and this man seemed to
be quite orthodox in his theology.

William E. Hamilton, Jr., Ph.D.
1346 W. Fairview Lane
Rochester, MI 48306