Re: Jim's poor view of the Neanderthal

Stephen Jones (sejones@ibm.net)
Thu, 05 Sep 96 21:52:47 +0800

Paul

On 29 Aug 1996 23:11:52 EDT, pdd@gcc.cc.md.us wrote:

[...]

>GR>Even the most vocal critics of early language development
admit that some form of language existed 1.5 myr ago:

PD>So we see evidence for speech somewhere within your model of man's
>evolution. Language is good evidence for intellect, and intellect is
>good evidence for, and is a good correlation with, God-given humanness.
>This we observe in ourselves today. Do you agree that, putting your 5+
>million origin date aside, Adam and Noah possessed that same God given
>humanness in terms of intellect and spirit that we possess today? If
>not, on what basis do you draw your conclusion?

You are touching on a crucial theological problem with Glenn's 5.5
MYA Homo habilis Adam theory/model. If Adam was a different species
from all humans today, with only 1/3rd our cranial capacity and only
a rudimentary language, how could God justly charge him with
disobedience and impute to us his original sin? (Rom 5:12-19; 1Cor
15:21-:22).

I have read somewhere that at best Homo habilis would have had the
mind of a 6 year old today. No human court would hold a 6 year-old
accountable for his actions, so why should God? The whole point of
Adam being our representative and/or federal head is that he was
essentially the same as us.

Glenn's theory fails on theological as well as scientific grounds.

God bless.

| Warwick 6024 ->*_,--\_/ Phone +61 9 448 7439 (These are |