Re: theory vs. law

pdd@gcc.cc.md.us
6 Sep 1996 20:37:30 EDT

WE>Stephen Gooch wrote:

WE>> If creation mythology is introduced into the classroom, all creation
WE>> mythologies must be included - not just Christian. All forms of African,
WE>> Asian and others would need to be taught. The premise of all these is
WE>> faith (they cannot be proven or disproven). If they were<<snip>>

WE>So the definition of "faith-based" is that something cannot be
WE>proven or disproven? And you suggest that the *theory* of evolution
WE>can be proven? I obviously missed the news that the 'theory of
WE>evolution' had now become the 'law of evolution.' :o\

WE>> Evolution on the other hand is not based on faith.<<snip>>

WE>According to your previous definition it is!

WE>--
WE>Glenn Dixon *********************************************
WE>Worship Leader | Web Designer and Future Web Guru
WE>The Jesus Center | Web-Wide Word
WE>http://flash.net/~tjc | http://flash.net/~webwide

Evidently he also believes that Christian creationism is mythology.
Since it appears that he believes evolution to be a fact, then his
concept of faith is seen as an expression of man's socio-biological
roots... i.e. man's faith is simply a product of his own evolution.

Paul

to: IN:webwide@flash.net
cc: IN:evolution@calvin.edu