Re: transitional forms

Glenn Morton (GRMorton@gnn.com)
Wed, 04 Sep 1996 06:32:38

Paul,
You wrote:

>Here we go again...
>
>If they were that important in the first place, Glenn, why do you omit
>them when making your point? You specifically used only 3 to 4 traits to
>try to prove your point. If your posts do require reading the full
>articles than say so... maybe someone will read them, maybe not, but
>please say that your few points will not suffice. We can then respond
>to the writers of the articles instead of to you. Besides, if you really
>believe that we have to search all of the known literature that you post
>on a subject to respond to you, then...
>
>one... no-one would have the time to respond to the mass of posts, and
>
>two.. you subject yourself to researching every single scrap of
>literature in order to also grant yourself authority to comment on a
>subject.
>
>I have been under the impression that this reflector was open for a more
>free-flowing exchange of ideas. If we are bound to a priestly-robes
>approach, the others can let me know. I'd be happy to ablige and let the
>priests slug it out.

To ask excellence of you is not asking for a priestly exchange. I am not
asking for priestly exchange. But what I am asking is for you personally to
spend some time actually reading what the evolutionists are saying. That is
what reading the original articles is all about. And for the record, I do
spend a lot of time reading lots of literature on lots of various subjects.
Why? Because creationism is a large area and if one is to even begin to hope
to put the entire puzzle together, he has to have a wide range of facts to
draw from. Otherwise, one is simply like one of the blind men describing the
elephant.

It is not wise to say things about facts in the creation/evolution area
without being familiar with the original sources. You see this all the time
in some of the YEC literature. Scott Huse says that the evolutionists believe
platypus is a transitional form between birds and mammals. (Huse Collapse of
Evolution, p. 109) I know of no evolutionist who has ever suggested such an
absurdity and Huse gives no reference. I don't think he knows what he is
talking about there.

glenn
Foundation,Fall and Flood
http://members.gnn.com/GRMorton/dmd.htm