Re: The 1st Paleontologist and Noah

Glenn Morton (GRMorton@gnn.com)
Wed, 28 Aug 1996 19:47:14

Paul wrote:

>So obviously they were then descendents of the Biblical Noah, must have
>been capable of his technology and possessed his social capacity and
>capabilities to live and interact with others. As such, they knew of God
>and perhaps worshipped him. They must have kept the flood story and
>Noahic geneology accurate in their tradition for millions of years.

Possibly. or it could be that Moses was told the story by revelation long
after it had been lost to the world.

>Of course, this assumes that the flood preceded Neanderthal. But since
>the image of God , including our mind, will, and emotions do not evolve,
>the placement of Neanderthal pre or post flood is not relevant to
>understanding humanness. Only our descendency from in-the-image-of-God
>Adam.

As I said in my other post, the placement of Neanderthal is quite important to
the Biblical Chronology.

When was Adam? If as Hugh Ross claims, Neanderthal was merely a man-like ape,
what are we to think of the flute? Apes and beings with no aesthetic sense do
not make musical instruments. Mankind is the only being who makes musical
instruments. Surely Adam must be prior to a man who makes a flute.

When was the Flood? To answer this, you need to know what rocks the flood
deposited. If you can not point to a set of rocks and say 'That is what the
Flood did', then you have nothing. The only place I can find anything that
remotely matches the Biblical description is the infilling of the
Mediterranean Sea, 5.5 Myr ago. The geology clearly shows that the sea was a
dry desert and in a geologically instantaneous moment, it was deep, deep
ocean. That was quite a flood!!!

>I'm also assuming that you do not mean species-extinction, rather
>assimilation at some point in time into a contemporaneous culture, i.e
>they simply were gone... the trail ended so to speak... (much like the
>Anasazi).

Not, like the Anasazi. Like the Greenland colony. Every single member of the
Greenland colony who was there after 1410 A.D. left no descendants upon this
earth. They went extinct. The fact that there were lots more Norsemen where
they came from does not negate the fact that they went extinct.

glenn
Foundation,Fall and Flood
http://members.gnn.com/GRMorton/dmd.htm