Re: Sin Abounding

Paul A. Nelson (pnelson2@ix.netcom.com)
Tue, 27 Aug 1996 14:51:46 -0700

How am I supposed to lurk when you guys keep pushing my hot buttons?

Tim Ikeda wrote:

>WRT the Biola Origins conference: I've never been to a scientific
>conference that ended with a Sunday worship service.

Meaning?

Some possibilities:

1. Kiss objectivity and good science goodbye. Those people, or some
of them, are actually going to PRAY and SING together. That cannot be
consistent with science.

2. Worry about objectivity, if not actually kiss it goodbye. After
all, when people walk through the doors of a church...

3. Let the conference speak for itself. Objectivity is as objectivity
does, Sunday morning services notwithstanding. Those conferees who
don't care about the service can sleep in on Sunday morning.

As I think highly of Tim, I'll assume he means (3). That's the
position consistent with the rest of his post, where he notes that
religion is irrelevant to the merits of a scientific paper or proposal.

Right, Tim?

Paul Nelson