RE: A Proposal

Bill Hamilton (whamilto@mich.com)
Sat, 24 Aug 1996 22:14:00 -0400

Brian D. Harper wrote:

>Once we get in the vicinity of a point attractor, its
>pretty hard to escape. You are trapped there. But with strange
>attractors, seemingly small decisions can have huge consequences.
>This gives a feeling of freedom. That our actions really have
>consequences.

I hadn't thought of that, but I really like it. The same mechanisms that
God uses to achieve elegant control of nature without overwhelming men also
enable our actions to have consequences. Very nice. It also illustrates,
if true, that we had better rely on His guidance in all of our actions,
since we have no idea what sorts of transitions our actions might cause.

William E. Hamilton, Jr., Ph.D.
1346 W. Fairview Lane
Rochester, MI 48306
(810) 652 4148