Re: The compassionate Homo erectus

Stephen Jones (sejones@ibm.net)
Fri, 16 Aug 96 05:50:41 +0800

Group

On Mon, 05 Aug 1996 21:42:32, Glenn Morton wrote:

GM>I have just finished reading a very interesting book by Alan
>Walker and Pat Shipman, _The Wisdom of the Bones_ (New York: Alfred
>Knopf, 1996). This book raises several issues which bear on the
>thesis I have advocated, namely, that in order to account for the
>anthropological data, Adam must have been either Homo habilis or
>Homo erectus.

No. The same "anthropological data" would also fit the two-"Adam"
model, namely that Genesis 1 "Man" is a *category* (corresponding to
the genus Homo) and Genesis 2 "Adam" is an *individual*
(corresponding to the species Homo sapiens).

God bless.

| Warwick 6024 ->*_,--\_/ Phone +61 9 448 7439 (These are |