Re: Latest on Mars

Steve Clark (ssclark@facstaff.wisc.edu)
Sun, 11 Aug 1996 14:36:19 -0500

Tim Ikeda writes:

>I think the confusion stems from the last sentence: "In fact, it rather
>_supports the idea_". Only if NOT(traditional evolution) = ID. I
>agree that life on Mars (or Pluto, for that matter) can't harm the
>concept of ID (I'm not sure much could),

I have often considered what the ID model is able to tell us and have come
to believe that it has too much explanatory power and is not very useful as
a scienctific model. I can think of no scientific hypothesis that would
arise from the model. It seems to function better as a metaphysical
understanding and, thus, to operate at a different level than the scientific
model of evolution.

Steven S. Clark, Ph.D. Phone: (608) 263-9137
Associate Professor FAX: (608) 263-4226
Dept. of Human Oncology and email: ssclark@facstaff.wisc.edu
UW Comprehensive Cancer Ctr
University of Wisconsin
Madison, WI 53792

"Universities are full of knowledge; the freshmen bring a little in,
the seniors take none away...the knowledge accumulates." Mark Twain