Re: RNA.editing.questions

Glenn Morton (GRMorton@gnn.com)
Sat, 27 Jul 1996 13:12:38

Bill Hamilton wrote:

>Glenn Morton wrote:
>
>>Having spent the first 6 years of my career in the digital signal
>>processing part of my profession, one thing I learned was that
> information
>>does not appear out of nowhere. Somewhere there must be a set of
>>instructions for these repairs. If there is truly no instruction for
> this
>>in the genome then we are witnessing a miracle where God himself
> changes the appropriate cytosines.
>>
>>Since I don't think God is doing this, I would like to see what is wrong
>>with the following suggestion. This depends upon the existence of some
>>info storage location.Lineages which lost the correct sequence but which
>>also had a fortuitous correction mechanism were able to continue living
>>and reproducing. Those that didn't have it, died.
>
>Quibble point: I think it's fine to look for a mechanism. But if we find
>a mechanism, I would not then claim that "I don't think God is doing
this".
>It simply means that the control mechanisms God uses to influence this
>process are buried deeper than we have looked. If we are not to be
>overcome with pride, we have to admit, I believe, that they may be
> buried
>deeper than we are capable of looking (Deut 29:29 to me indicates that
>there _are_ secrets buried deeper than we are allowed to look).

I stand fully corrected. I should have phrased it "I don't believe God is
engaging in miracle here" Everything we see is from God so in that sense
everything is a miracle. I was using the terminology loosely.

I do believe that many of the mechanisms are quit deeply buried in time,
space and structure. This is why God was able to lay the crucifixion into
the foundations of the universer itself.

THank you for keeping me on the straight and narrow. :-)

glenn
Foundation,Fall and Flood
http://members.gnn.com/GRMorton/dmd.htm