Re: Neanderthal personal ornaments #1/2

Glenn Morton (GRMorton@gnn.com)
Sun, 21 Jul 1996 19:20:09

Stephen Jones wrote:

>On Fri, 12 Jul 1996 21:56:42, Glenn Morton wrote:
>
>SJ>The diference between Pearce and I is that I am
>>prepared to say that the genus Homo (eg. H. habilis, H. erectus, H.
>>neanderthalis) had an emerging image of God.
>
>GM>Are you now saying that the image of God EVOLVED?
>
>SJ>No. I am saying that God progressively created it! :-)
>
>GM>Can you show that to me in the Bible? The only place anything is
>>said about the image of God is Gen. 1. Gen. 1 man is in the image
>>of God.
>
>I note that others have pointed out to Glenn that "the image of God"
>is found (or implied) elesewhere than in "Gen. 1", eg. Gn 5:1; 9:6;
>1Cor 11:7; Col 3:10.

Don't hide behind them, Stephen, they never claimed to see progressive
creation of the image of God. Paul merely thought I was saying that the
term "image of God" appeared nowhere else in the Bible. He never showed
me progressive creation of the image of God. And as far as I can tell
Paul does not agree with your thesis. Tell me why those verses, which I
examined in detail, show progressive creation of the image.

glenn

Foundation,Fall and Flood
http://members.gnn.com/GRMorton/dmd.htm