Re: Compromisers ranks are growing a retraction.

Glenn Morton (GRMorton@gnn.com)
Sat, 20 Jul 1996 08:14:23

I worte
>I have ordered this article, but a friend e-mailed me and told me that
> the June 1996 Creation Research Soc. Quarterly has an article by Henry
> Morris which severely chides Steve Austin and Kurt Wise for Kurt having
>said (and I guess Steve not disagreeing) in an interview in the Bible
>Science Newsletter that the Tertiary strata was deposited after the
>Flood.
>
>Kurt wrote:
>"To my knowledge, virtually all creation geologists accept the
>entire Cenozoic as post-Flood. The real debate among us is whether
>the Mesozoic should also be seen as post-Flood. The European
>creation geologists tend to want to make the Mesozoic post-Flood,
>whereas Steve, Andrew Snelling and I would put the Mesozoic as
>Flood. I suspect the difference in interpretation reflects the
>different rocks we, and the European geologists, are examining. So
>Steve and I want to coauthor a paper with the Europeans, for the
>next ICC, to sort that out."~Kurt Wise, "Speaking to the Earth: An
>Interview with Steven Austin and Kurt Wise, Bible-Science News,
>33:5, July, 1995, p. 17
>
> Apparently Henry says that they are engaging in
>
>"willful ignorance...backsliding...more distortion of
>Scripture than any Bible-believing Christian should even consider...the
>lethal danger of distorting the plain meaning of God's Word in order to
>accommodate that naturalistic way of reasoning...verses misused in order
>to sidestep certain problems in Flood geology; are we not in danger of
>ignoring Peter's warning about wresting Scripture?" Henry M.
> Morris,June,
>1996, CREATION RESEARCH SOCIETY QUARTERLY, "The Geologic
>Column and the Flood of Genesis," "(p. 56-57).
>
>It will probably take a couple of weeks before I get this article and
>verify this.
>
>Unfortunately, this is a good example of the fact that Christians can
> not be free to question things within certain organizations. It is why
I would never go into fulltime Christian ministry. Ironically, in April,
> I wrote Steve and told him I felt sorry for him because if he disagreed
> with the standard Creationist view he would be out of ICR and I told him
> that we both knew it. With the publication of this article I am
>wondering, If Henry is against you, can anyone be for you?

Now for the bad. This friend, who is normally very careful may have gone
hog-wild on the quote above. As I said, I didn't have the article and had
ordered it. Another friend wrote to tell me that the quote was mangled.
I will apoplogize for the problem and never cite my previously 'careful'
friend again without verification.

glenn
Foundation,Fall and Flood
http://members.gnn.com/GRMorton/dmd.htm