Re: After their kind

Bill Hamilton (hamilton@predator.cs.gmr.com)
Wed, 17 Jul 1996 09:23:37 -0400

David J. Tyler wrote:

>In my earlier post, I referred to the German group who put together
>the symposium "Typen des Lebens".

It's a pity this is in German. I would love to get a translated version.
Do you know if anyone is working on a translation?

Secondly, is there any connection between the basic typoes and the
classifications Walter ReMine discusses in his chapter on Discontinuity
Systematics in his book?

>They demonstrate that the dog
>family and the horse family do constitute "Basic Types" - linked
>genetically within the family but with no linkages outside the
>family. This volume does not claim that these "Basic Types" are to
>be equated with the Genesis kinds - for that is loading the biblical
>text with a technical meaning which (some of us think) it does not
>have. One strong inference from the scientific analysis of the data
>is that the members of the dog-family show evidences of having
>descended from a common ancestral population. Similarly for the
>horse-family. Evidence for genetic linkages from these populations
>to any other population is totally lacking. This is fully consistent
>with the scenarios developed by PCs and YECs.

Bill Hamilton | Chassis & Vehicle Systems
GM R&D Center | Warren, MI 48090-9055
810 986 1474 (voice) | 810 986 3003 (FAX)
hamilton@gmr.com (office) | whamilto@mich.com (home)