Re: INTEREST IN EVOLUTION

Joseph T. Janney (jjanney@ahoynet.com)
Sun, 23 Jun 1996 13:17:14 -0400

At 11:21 PM 6/23/96 +1000, you wrote:
>Background for interest in evolution debate.

>>I do want to encourage everyone on the list to communicate
>>something about who they are and what their particular
>>interest in evolution or origins comes from. There's no
>>compulsion about this if you are bashful, but I think
>>people would be interested in knowing who is interested in
>>this forum and why. You might also find yourself getting
>>in touch with some interesting folks that way.

I have been mostly lurking here for about a month and have enjoyed it
greatly. The level of research and scholarship here is quite extrordinary
(Have only seen Gish used once!) I probably will continue to mostly lurk as
I dont think that I have the time to do the research to add substance to
this debate.

I am an engineer with a MS from Virginia Tech (Henry Morris quit teaching
there before I began). I had several creationist professors, but their
arguements were largely from personal incredulity. I am glad to see some
creationist arguements with some more bite to them although I do not find
Philip Johnson convincing.

Thank you all for the education.

Joe