Re: Can you be objective about evolution?

Bill Hamilton (hamilton@predator.cs.gmr.com)
Wed, 12 Jun 1996 09:25:21 -0400

Arthur V. Chadwick wrote:

Is this Denis?:

>>Now Art, I have phoned the school where you teach, and they have been kind
>>enough to explain to me their policies and to send me documents with
>>regard to the position their professors are to uphold (and I did it
>>without any mention of your name--so don't sweat it).
>>
>>So Art, how about answering the "stupid question" DIRECTLY:

>Since you still seem not to have gotten the point, the answer is of course, no.

Somehow this seems to have gotten a bit old. If Art is full-time faculty
at a college that has a statement of faith, I presume he has signed it.
Art answers the question with "no," which can lead to two possibilities:

1. He's not full-time faculty and the school doesn't require part-time
faculty to sign the statement, or

2. Art is saying No, he didn't _have_ to sign the statement. He's in full
agreement with it and therefore teaching at South West Adventist College
and signing the statement are totally voluntary.

Denis, you can obtain the school's statement of faith and faculty
requirements. Art clearly doesn't want to debate the issue. I don't see
what useful purpose is served by continuing this.

Bill Hamilton | Chassis & Vehicle Systems
GM R&D Center | Warren, MI 48090-9055
810 986 1474 (voice) | 810 986 3003 (FAX)
hamilton@gmr.com (office) | whamilto@mich.com (home)