Re: Isotope question

Steven Fawl (fawl@nvc.cc.ca.us)
Tue, 4 Jun 96 07:51:25 -0700

At 07:24 PM 6/3/96 -0700, you wrote:
>Steve says:
>
>>I will say it for the record. I believe that some YEC's knowingly lie about
>>the data and purposely misuse it to their advantage. John Morris lied to my
>>face. I need no other example of the abuse of science by a YEC.
>
>So if one individual does something you interpret to be deliberate, you
>condemn the whole community. That does make perfect sense to me....

Gee, how did I guess that someone would interpret what I said to mean that I
condemn all YEC's? Read what I said again. I said SOME YEC's not ALL.
There have been discussions here questioning the integrity of some of the
YEC leadership (Gish, Morris, and others) and all those conversations went
for naught because no one could decide the intent that each of these men had
when they made statements that seemed suspect, and it seemed that people
rallied to their defense saying that the mistakes were "honest". Well this
has nothing to do with honesty. I told John Morris that he was wrong, he
read the paper and then agreed that he was wrong, and promised me he would
not use the paper again as an example of poor K/Ar dating. Apparently, he
not only did not keep his promise but he wrote a book on the subject and
used it as an example! This is dishonesty of the highest degree. He is
knowingly propagating a lie! I see no reason to conclude otherwise.

So my statement stands. If you would like (need, desire, or want to hear
about) an example where a YEC knowingly lied about the meaning of a set of
data then John Morris is your example. I do not revel in this, I am
sickened by it, and it makes me question the integrity of THIS man (not all
YEC's).

Steve