Re: Macro evolution

Bill Hamilton (whamilto@mich.com)
Sun, 19 May 1996 18:58:54 -0400

I wrote:
>Pulled from the archive:
>
>>BH(=Brian Harper)>First, I don't want to get too caught up in
>>definitions, so I'll
>>>loosely define macro-evolution as the origin of novelty.
>>
>>>SJ:This is too loose. Creation could also be "the origin of novelty".
>>
>>BH>Yes, I think creation would be origin of novelty by definition. :-0

There is an aspect of Stephen's claim, "Creation could also be "the origin
of novelty"." that bothers me. Creation is what God does. Defining
creation as the origin of novelty without mentioning God leaves out the
most fundamental characteristic of creation: That it is something only God
does.

William E. Hamilton, Jr., Ph.D.
1346 W. Fairview Lane
Rochester, MI 48306