RE: Theological reasons for TE/EC

Michael McCulloch (mmccullo@usit.net)
Wed, 15 May 1996 00:03:23 -0400

Denis Lamoureux[SMTP:dlamoure@gpu.srv.ualberta.ca] wrote:

> ...Justin Keller wrote:
> > Is your epistemology and hermeneutic "pure," or do they
> > contain extra-biblical justifications?
>
> This question obviously makes me realize you have failed to grasp the
> thrust of my challenge to Jim Bell. My point is simply that it is not
> possible to operate without extra-biblical justifications/categories.
The
> Bible is not a text of epistemology.

I think Denis makes a good point which is, if I understand correctly, the
existence of PC/TE/EC points of view owe themselves entirely to
extra-biblical justifications. And the wondrous variety of those views are
a function of just which particular extra-biblical justifications you
happen to consider factual.

---Michael McCullochmmccullo@usit.net