Re: Death to theistic evolution?

Terry M. Gray (grayt@Calvin.EDU)
Tue, 14 May 1996 17:29:21 -0400

Jim wrote:

>But the real question for TEs is how Adam, and especially Eve, were formed.
>>From animal pre-cursors? But Scripture says, as our friend Russ Maatman
>>points
>out, man became a living being, not that a living being became man.

For the newbies in the group, I review this argument at great length and
propose a reasonable (in my mind) solution in my defense concerning the
heresy charges against me. I don't know if Jim has read it yet. (By the
way, Jim, you seem to have made a drastic jump in your hermeneutic by
appealing to this rather literalistic argument.)

You can find my appeal on the web at

http://mcgraytx.calvin.edu/gray/evolution_trial/evolution_appeal.html

TG

Terry M. Gray, Ph.D. Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry
Calvin College 3201 Burton SE Grand Rapids, MI 40546
Office: (616) 957-7187 FAX: (616) 957-6501
Email: grayt@calvin.edu http://www.calvin.edu/~grayt

*This mission critical message was written on a Macintosh with Eudora Pro*