Re: God's Intervention (was Developmental Evolutionary Bi.

Tim Ikeda (timi@mendel)
Sat, 4 May 1996 19:22:56 -0800

Denis writes:
[...]
> As a Christian I am concerned in sharing my faith with you, and my prayer
> is that you consider this faith seriously. But PLEASE don't conflate the
> Jones and Johnson "folk science" with the faith. You know it is crap, and
> I know it is crap. Both these guys are scientific and theological
> amateurs, and though I would be the first to commend their Jesus to you,
> look toward those Christians who have dealt with the more difficult matters
> of science and theology like Terry Gray, Bill Hamilton and Howard Van
> Till.

I understand your concern. I am very aware that Christianity does
not stand or fall solely on the basis of an individual's interpretations
of Genesis. Were I to convert (possibly to hang out with liberal
Quakers or unorthodox Jews -- though I don't see a high probability of
that happening right now), I would probably still favor evolutionary
explanations.

Regards, Tim Ikeda (timi@mendel.berkeley.edu)