Re: macro-evolution

Stephen Jones (sjones@iinet.net.au)
Fri, 03 May 96 23:02:11 EDT

Group

On Tue, 23 Apr 1996 10:00:04 -0400 Brian wrote to Jim Hopper:

[...]

BH>Recall that I earlier made the bold statement that most
>PC's are going to agree with the facthood of macro-evolution
>[if this is not the case, hopefully some PC's will speak up
>and let me know].

I hereby let you know. I do *not* "agree with the facthood of
macro-evolution".

[...]

BH>Finally, I have to complain somewhat about your final
>sentence "You see this as evidence of macro-evolution.
>I see it as evidence of God's creative activity."
>Macro-evolution and God's creative activity are
>not mutually exclusive descriptions.

Disagree. You would have to qualify what *mode* of "God's creative
activity" it was. If it was God working 100% through natural
processes, then it could be called "Macro-evolution". But if it was
God working through supernatural intervention, while using natural
causes only secondarily, then a better term would be progressive
creation.

God bless.

| Stephen Jones ,--_|\ sjones@iinet.net.au |
| 3 Hawker Ave / Oz \ http://www.iinet.net.au/~sjones/ |
| Warwick 6024 ->*_,--\_/ phone +61 9 448 7439. (These are |
| Perth, Australia v my opinions, not my employer's) |