Re: Science and super... [2/2]

Stephen Jones (sjones@iinet.net.au)
Sun, 28 Apr 96 07:25:46 EDT

Group

On Tue, 16 Apr 1996 20:20:14 -0600 (MDT) Denis O. Lamoureux wrote:

DL>On Tue, 16 Apr 1996, Brian D. Harper wrote:

BH>Let the Creationists dig their own graves, here and now. If you
>have to argue with them at all, make them make predictions about what
>is impossible -- not in generalities, but in specifics. And then sit
>back and wait for those predictions to fall like flies. -- Deaddog,
>t.o

Well, my specific prediction is that science will never be able to
show that life arose spontaneously from non-living chemicals without
intelligent design, whether human or divine.

DL>So true! How often have I tried to get the Stephen Jones's of the
>world to give me a model of their so-called science of origins? And
>I have yet to see them offer one.

Many, many times I have set out my "model" of the "science of
origins". It is called Progressive Creationism. The best brief
outline of it I have seen is by Ramm:

"In progressive creationism there may be much horizontal radiation.
The amount is to be determined by the geological record and biological
experimentation. But there is no vertical radiation. Vertical
radiation is only by fiat creation. A root-species may give rise to
several species by horizontal radiation, through the process of the
unraveling of gene potentialities or recombination. Horizontal
radiation could account for much which now passes as evidence for the
theory of evolution. The gaps in the geological record are gaps
because vertical progress takes place only by creation." (Ramm B.
"The Christian View of Science and Scripture", Paternoster: London,
1955, p191)

DL>Why? Probably because they intuitively know that good 'ole
>Deaddog is right.

No. If I "intuitively know that good 'ole Deaddog is right", I would
already have adopted the atheistic/pantheistic worldview of "good 'ole
Deaddog".

God bless.

| Stephen Jones ,--_|\ sjones@iinet.net.au |
| 3 Hawker Ave / Oz \ http://www.iinet.net.au/~sjones/ |
| Warwick 6024 ->*_,--\_/ phone +61 9 448 7439. (These are |
| Perth, Australia v my opinions, not my employer's) |