Re: Patterson's 1981 AMNH transcript (was How the Leopard.

Stephen Jones (sjones@iinet.net.au)
Mon, 22 Apr 96 23:26:44 EDT

Group

On Thu, 11 Apr 1996 21:14:42 -0600 (MDT) , Denis O. Lamoureux wrote:

[...]

SJ>Art has recently sent me a copy of Patterson's 1981 AMNH
>transcript. It is an absolutely devastating critique of evolution,
>by one of its favourite sons. What I cannot understand is how
>eminent *non-Christian* biologists like Goodwin, Patterson, Grasse
>and Gould, can examine Neo-Darwinist evolution and find it so
>bereft of scientific merit and yet *Christian* theistic
>evolutionists can be so ardent in its defence, and be so critical
>of their non-evolutionist Christian brothers who dare to take up
>the points raised by these anti-Darwinian non-Christian biologists.

DL>You don't understand because you don't understand the critiques by
>Goodwin et.al. within their context. Put the Patterson transcript
>on the reflector. You've demonstrated to me on more than one
>occasion you have difficulty reading so I don't trust your reading
>and interpretation of Patterson.

Firstly, Art's copy is so faint, I couldn't scan it with my hand
scanner. Secondly, a new transcript is being preparing (I can't
remember if I am at liberty to say by whom - so I won't), from
the original tape, because there are some possible minor errors and
omissions in the existing transcript.

When the new transcript is ready, Denis can rest assured it will
be posted to the Reflector! ;-)

[...]

God bless.

| Stephen Jones ,--_|\ sjones@iinet.net.au |
| 3 Hawker Ave / Oz \ http://www.iinet.net.au/~sjones/ |
| Warwick 6024 ->*_,--\_/ phone +61 9 448 7439. (These are |
| Perth, Australia v my opinions, not my employer's) |