Re: Johnson's "grasp" of AIDS

Tim Ikeda (timi@mendel.Berkeley.EDU)
Fri, 19 Apr 1996 16:22:23 -0800

Jim wrote to me:
[...]

> Now it may well be that a Nobel chemist,

Kary is a biochemist, but close enough...

> a colleague of his, and a very sharp law prof. are off the mark on
> this topic. But just casting reputational aspersions isn't proving it.

I believe that I did more than cast "reputational aspersions" in my posts.
For example, consider what I wrote in the first two paragraphs of my
last response to you and in the article before that.

It is certainly possible (if unlikely) that the rest of the world is
wrong, but how would one such as yourself know? One can assess the
debate if one would like -- It's not as if the scientific articles,
pro & con, have been suppressed. The journals, _Nature_ and _Science_
can provide excellent jumping off points for an investigation and are
found in any decent-sized library. Nothing I've said on this topic
is either original nor undocumentable. I'd recommend the late Dec '94
and Jan-Feb '95 issues of Science for a start.

Regards, Tim Ikeda (timi@mendel.berkeley.edu)