Re: Johnson's "grasp" of AIDS

Denis Lamoureux (dlamoure@gpu.srv.ualberta.ca)
Thu, 18 Apr 1996 21:49:02 -0600 (MDT)

On Thu, 18 Apr 1996, Thomas L Moore wrote to Jim Bell:

> Nice dodge. Your argument before was the Johnson knew something because
> he associated himself with who you assumed as "expert." Now you've
> switched to showing whether or not he was in error, which really is the
> issue. You did not defend Johnson on the basis of good arguments either,
> you defended him via argument from authority. If you have a problem with
> the "priesthood," don't invoke it as a defense.

Hey Tom,
Irony of ironies, eh? Must have something to do with a Priestly
epistemology these legal types apply that we the intellectually pagan
hoi polloi will never understand.

Regards,
Denis

Denis O. Lamoureux DDS PhD PhD (cand)
Department of Oral Biology Residence:
Faculty of Dentistry # 1908
University of Alberta 8515-112 Street
Edmonton, Alberta Edmonton, Alberta
T6G 2N8 T6G 1K7
CANADA CANADA

Lab: (403) 492-1354
Residence: (403) 439-2648
Dental Office: (403) 425-4000

E-mail: dlamoure@gpu.srv.ualberta.ca

"In all debates, let truth be thy aim, and endeavor to gain
rather than expose thy opponent."