Re: Questions from a Lurker

Stephen Jones (sjones@iinet.net.au)
Tue, 09 Apr 96 07:38:13 EDT

Bill

On Mon, 8 Apr 1996 14:05:25 -0400 you wrote:

BH>I know Steve Jones has mentioned it before, but who published
>Ramm's book?

My copy of Bernard Ramm's, "The Christian View of Science and
Scripture" was Paternoster. It say that the the US version was
published by Eerdmans.

I have noted some disparaging comments about Ramm's book, For what its
worth, next to the Bible, it changed my life. I was converted in a
YEC church, but if I had to believe a 6,000 year old Earth and a
global Flood to be a Christian, then I would probably have abandonned
my new-found faith.

Ramm showed me (no doubt imperfectly <g>) that one could be a Biblical
Christian and respect the *facts* of science at the same time. I find
his PC model as the best way of viewing the *facts* of science within
a Biblical framework.

Even though it is over 40 years old, I would heartily recommend Ramm's
book to any "lurker", who is troubled by the relationship between the
Bible and science. It is available through my local library, so it
should be available in the USA's library system.

God bless.

| Stephen Jones ,--_|\ sjones@iinet.net.au |
| 3 Hawker Ave / Oz \ http://www.iinet.net.au/~sjones/ |
| Warwick 6024 ->*_,--\_/ phone +61 9 448 7439. (These are |
| Perth, Australia v my opinions, not my employer's) |