Focus on the Family

Chuck Warman (cwarman@sol.wf.net)
Sat, 30 Mar 1996 17:32:09 -0600

John W. Burgeson writes:

>Speaking just for myself,

Thank God!

> I am appalled that while the conservatives want the
>government to butt out of the boardroom, they are only too eager to
>invite the government into our bedrooms!

I'm not sure what this has to do with bedrooms; operating rooms, maybe.

>In this case -- to invite the
>government to get involved in a patient-doctor decision!

As I understand the partial-birth abortion process, a perfectly viable baby
has its skull penetrated and its brains sucked out just before birth. The
government *should* get involved in this situation - since no one else is
asking the baby if he/she wishes to die at this time or in this way. My
suspicion is that most babies would prefer not to have this procedure
performed on them. Do you disagree, Burgy?

Chuck

Chuck Warman
cwarman@sol.wf.net
"The abdication of Belief / Makes the Behavior small."
--- Emily Dickinson