Re: Old Earth

Bill Hamilton (hamilton@predator.cs.gmr.com)
Thu, 14 Mar 1996 09:36:16 -0500

At 12:01 AM 3/14/96 -0600, Steven Schimmrich wrote:
> In theory, as a Christian I have no problem with God intervening in
>miraculous ways. I am however, uncomfortable with God doing so and then
>making it look very convincingly as if He didn't. No offense, but it's
>been my experience that most people I meet who believe in a young earth
>have never studied geology or gone out to look at rocks. What I, as a
>Christian geologist, would love to do is find a geologist who believes in
>a young earth. The only one I know of is Steve Austin at the ICR and I've
>never had the pleasure of speaking with him (I'd love to take him up on
>some of his comments in "Grand Canyon: Monument to Catastrophy")!

I can't resist this. Last week I had the pleasure of seeing Grand Canyon
for the first time in my life. I'm no geologist, and I didn't look at all
the layers of sediment up close (couldn't in just a couple days), but even
to my uneducated eyes, the fine, sharply-defined layers did not look like
what I would expect to be laid down by the turbulent waters of a flood.

Bill Hamilton | Chassis & Vehicle Systems
GM R&D Center | Warren, MI 48090-9055
810 986 1474 (voice) | 810 986 3003 (FAX)
hamilton@gmr.com (office) | whamilto@mich.com (home)