Re: I like Bloesch, almost.

GRMorton@aol.com
Tue, 31 Oct 1995 21:51:10 -0500

In a message dated 95-10-31 13:02:20 EST, Jim Bell writes:

>Glenn writes:
>
><<If evidence of archaeological nature is not applicable to Early
>Genesis then what on earth are we able to discuss about this issue?>>
>
>The discussion rightly centers on first premises. You can discuss
>archaeology till the hominids come home, but if it is irrelevant to the text
>then it is a false road.

So in what way is the Cambrian Explosion and the sudden appearance of Upper
Paleolithic tools relevant to the text?

I wrote:
><<I see you have now stated that only at Genesis 1-11 does the >irrelevancy
of data apply. Please summarize why he feels Early Genesis >is not subject to
the verifiability criterion?>>

Jim Replied:
>I have been talking about "early Genesis" all along. And early Genesis is
>saga-history. [Please see Bloesch, "Holy Scripture" Ch. 8 for a full
>clarification.]

Why? Why must I read things and you don't have to? Why is early Genesis
saga and Abraham-Joseph not saga-history?

>By the way, have you read Genesis in the original Hebrew [as opposed to
>tracking down certain words?]

No, I have not read it in Hebrew. Chinese is my language.

glenn