Re: A guide to (non-social) d...

Steve Clark (ssclark@facstaff.wisc.edu)
Fri, 15 Sep 1995 21:18:11 -0500

>Dave Probert wrote:
>>>It seems that even as I discovered that `science' had lied to me, Glenn
>discovered that the YECs had lied to him.
>
>Who should be held to a higher standard? Practicioner's of science
>who revere truth or the Christians who revere the Truth?<<

It seems to me that the only one who truly reveres truth is the one who
knows the limitations of knowledge. All the others, despite their
protestations otherwise, are only really interested in an apologetic for
their world view. There are wonderfully honest, transparent, truthful
Christians out there, and there are honest, transparent and truthful
scientists as well.

Cheers,

Steve
Steven S. Clark, Ph.D. Phone: (608) 263-9137
Associate Professor FAX: (608) 263-4226
Dept. of Human Oncology and email: ssclark@facstaff.wisc.edu
UW Comprehensive Cancer Ctr
University of Wisconsin
Madison, WI 53792

"...a university is a collection of disparate academic entrepreneurs united
only by a common grievance over parking." Clark Kerr, former Chancellor
of the Univ. of California