Re: Whale problems #1. Introd...

Arthur V. Chadwick (chadwicka@swac.edu)
Tue, 11 Jul 1995 22:03:23 -0700

Glenn wrote:

>I showed you over the past few days what embryologists are learning about how
>to take a fly and turn him back into something that is very much like his
>evolutionary ancestor in a few weeks.

1. What was his evolutionary ancestor like?

2. How do you know?

3. How many features does the Ubx deficient mutant share with its presumed
ancestor besides having two sets of wings?

I showed you what biologists are
>learning about how a reptile leg turned into a bird leg and this can be done
>in a few days.

1. Did a reptile leg turn into a bird leg?

2. Did the biologists learn anything about how a reptile leg turned into a
bird leg?

3. Can a reptile leg turn into a bird leg in a few days?

Art