Where to get CSR issue

James Mahaffy (mahaffy@dordt.edu)
Thu, 22 Jun 1995 11:59:36 -0500 (CDT)

At 23:06 PM on June 21/95 -0500, Ross Pavlac wrote in response to my post:
>Folks,
>
> I have not read it (just got it in my mailbox this morning), but
>I would like to alert you to some very interesting articles in the May issue
>of Christian Scholars Review. this issue has a theme on Creation, Evolution
>and Christian Faith that should stimulate good thoughtful responses. I look
>forward to hearing from some of you. It does sound like an issue that we all
>should read. It looks like it has some intellectual meat to chew on and
>react to from several perspectives that we see on both of these lists.
>--
Where can I send to get a copy?

Ross and others:

This journal is sponsoring Christian colleges (including Dordt, Wheaton,
Hope, Calvin, Baylor and a lot of others). Since we are a sponsoring college
all of the faculty member at Dordt get a copy and I suspect the same is true
for the other institutions. The cheap way to get one is to ask one of the
profs at one of the Christian Colleges or look in their libraries. Otherwise
you can get a single issue for $6:00 or a years subscription for $19 a year.
If you know the price of journals both of those are good prices. Write to:
Christian Scholar's Review
Circulation Department
Hope College
Holland, MI 49423

Although I still have not read it and can not get to it for a bit, let
me indicate that there are four essays in this issue. "one, written by Davis
young, does examine the issue of human origins. A second submitted by Bruce
Reichenback, proposes criteria which may be useful in evaluating theories
about complex adaptive systems, such as evolution, which are in-principle
nonpredictive. John Baldwin, in his essay challenges the general acceptance
of darwinistic gradualism as the mechanism for the evolution of complex organs
while Gordon Mill's essay on design theory argues in favor of a progressive
creation model at the molecular level. the latter essay is significantly more
"scientific" in its content and style than is customary for articles [they are
too used to the humanities types JFM] published in CSR, but we believe that
its relevance to Creation/Evolution dialogue warranted acceptance." p. 379

There is also a review of both Creation Hypothesis and Darwin on Trial with

-- :James F. Mahaffy                   e-mail: mahaffy@dordt.eduBiology Department                 phone: 712 722-6279Dordt College                      FAX 712 722-1198Sioux Center, Iowa 51250